Friday, July 23, 2010

Butterfly Transformation







"And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession - to the praise of His glory." Ephesians 1:13-14

"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:18


Looking at a caterpillar, one has difficulty imagining that this creepy - crawly, wormlike, hairy larva could possibly develop into a stunning, colorful, broad, four-winged butterfly. Yet, this life-cycle process, called metamorphosis, occurs on every continent except Antarctica. Since the change is so marked in appearance, character, condition, and even function, it is also referred to as transformation.

The transformation that Christ offers to wormlike, sinful humans is even more spectacular. Once a person has heard the Gospel and believed, we are marked in Christ with the seal of the promised Holy Spirit. We are guaranteed our eternal, heavenly inheritance, and we are promised that we will be completely transformed into the likeness of Christ when we see Him face-to-face.

How can we not be on-our-knees thankful for our promised and assured transformation? Count on God's Word; know that it and He are both trustworthy!

Father, I praise you and thank you for your holiness, majesty, loving grace, and your power. I thank you for being the Master Designer. I am humbled by your sacrificial love that has saved me. I thank you fervently for your Holy Spirit, who lives in me, empowering me, cleansing me, comforting me, and making You accessible and real to me. Lord, I pray for a willing and obedient heart as You transform me into the person you would have me be. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment