Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Be an Heir

From the moment my daughter was born, and I held her in my arms, I began praying for her to come to know the salvation that is only from the Lord and in the Lord. I have known and realized the baggage that has been present in my earthly lineage, in present and past generations. From the very instant I saw her precious face and peered into those beautiful blue eyes, I knew I wanted her to be an heir to a spiritual inheritance.

Every person of each generation has a brand new chance to dishinherit the guilt of the past, to repent before the LORD, to confess and turn away from the sins of our forefathers and from personal sins, and to completely and fully obtain a new heart and new spirit in Jesus Christ. Overt sin may not be evident, but if you are simply not involved in Christ's kingdom agenda, you are in dire need of the Savior!

Perhaps, you hunger to be the first heir who testitifes to your family line that they must move from an unfulfilling life of worldliness or even religiosity to a passionate life of a personal relationship with Christ. Perhaps your prayer for your own children, your grandchildren and your great-grandchildren might be a love for evangelism or for missions. Whatever, you might just be that heir.

Father in heaven, I pray that I might hear your teachings, that I might listen to the words of Your mouth. You are the Ancient of Days, the high and lofty One, that inhabiteth eternity. You ARE wisdom; unchanging, omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent, our Creator, Redeemer, and Restorer. By Your Word, all is sustained. Let me be brave enough and obedient enough to tell the next generation Your praiseworthy deeds, proclaim Your power, and shout out the wonders You have done. Guide each one of us to move from "being religious" to being restored to a right relationship with You. Guide each one of us to be a first heir in our generation who moves in the direction of godly seed. Give each of us the wisdom and the power to break past yokes or burdens of slavery, and enable us to walk in freedom in YOU. Amen.

"O my people, hear my teaching;
listen to the words of my mouth.
I will open my mouth in parables,
I will utter hidden things, things from of old -
what we have heard and known,
what our fathers have told us.
We will not hide them from their children;
we will tell the next generation
the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD,
His power, and the wonders He has done.
He decreed statutes for Jacob
and established the law in Israel,
which He commanded our forefathers
to teach their children,
so the next generation would know them,
even the children yet to be born,
and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God
and would not forget His deeds
but would keep His commands.
They would not be like their forefathers -
a stubborn and rebellious generation,
whose hearts were not loyal to god,
whose spirits were not faithful to Him.
Psalm 78:1-8
Freedom in Christ "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment