Monday, February 7, 2011

Renovations

Summer 2010 was a tough one. My husband and I tackled numerous and diverse household projects, and I discovered I do not like muss and fuss, especially when renovations are not decorative and visible. I could not see the results of the labor quickly or easily, so I really hated seeing the expenses!!


I cannot enumerate how many times I feel similarly. Scripture tells me I was washed clean, and I am being transformed into the likeness of Christ, yet often I cannot "see" tangible results or even feel them.

Guess what? The most wonderful part of being Christ's is I do not have to feel or see anything. He bought me with the perfect price, and my debt was marked "paid in full." He sees my heart; He knows my progress, and He is doing the work!

Acts 20:28 tells us that the church of God was purchased with His own blood. Strong's expands on our meaning of "purchased" (bought): "to reserve, keep safe, to preserve for one's self". Our God purchased us with Christ's blood to keep us safe and to preserve us for Himself for all eternity. We are His private property. We were "bought away" from this wicked world, and that makes my heart sing!

Ephesians 2:19 tells us we are no longer foreigners and aliens, but we are fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household!

Although I may not "see" the results I would expect or want, and although I do not always "feel" transformed, I am my Lord's. Just so I would not doubt His unseen work, He sent me His Holy Spirit as my comforter and my assurance that I am His!

Romans 8:16 says, "The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children."

John Gill's Exposition of the Bible says that the testimony of the Spirit is not for the satisfaction of others, but for the saints (believers) themselves, if we ever have moments of doubt, temptations of the devil, or feelings of unworthiness. This witness of the Holy Spirit is to establish and confirm our salvation that has already occurred.

John Darby's Synopsis of the New Testament says," this Spirit dwells in us, acts in us, and brings us in effect into this relationship which has been acquired for us by Christ, through that work which He accomplished for us, entering into it Himself (that is, as man risen). We know Him because He is with us and dwells in us The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are the children of God."

Although this testimony is not audible, it is loud and clear to our hearts! We are enabled to love God and enjoy Him to the fullest on this earth. He then equips us to be slowly, but surely transformed, so the process is truly all about Him!

Dear Heavenly Father,


I am not fond of the fuss and muss of maintenance or renovations that are invisible to the naked eye. Similarly I have such a tough time feeling worthy of your grace, and I am not worthy of your love and salvation. I, however, am so thankful for your unmerited mercies and grace. I thank you for the amazing gift of your Holy Spirit, who gives me an internal assurance to my spirit that Christ's righteousness and blood payment secured my soul, once and for all, and completely. Thank you for this love and peace, especially on days when I wish my transformation into the likeness of Christ was more visible to me. Once again I trust you, and I believe all of your promises. I praise your precious and holy name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment