Tuesday, September 21, 2010

From Where Does My Help Come?


"I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip - He who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord watches over you - the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm - He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalm 121 NIV


I love the truths we find in Psalm 121. Our amazing LORD never slumbers, nor sleeps. No matter when we are awake, He is listening to our petitions, pains, and praises. At 3 A.M. when the world sleeps, He is wide awake!

When I battle aches and pains associated with rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia, and sleep eludes me, He continues to be my shade and my sustenance, every single moment of every single day. As beloved children of God, we can rest assured that He is mindful of every single hair on our heads, every single bruise and boo boo, every single hurdle, every single scheduling conflict, and every single cell in our bodies.

As I think about how "able" our amazing LORD is, Ephesians 3:14-21 comes to mind. Not only is our God "able," but He is "perfectly able"; He is "immeasurably more able" than our finite minds can even fathom.

As Christ-followers, we must continually show one another how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, even in times of discouragement. Daily we must show small samplings of this Christ-like love.

Dear Father, may I continue to pray to You who is not only 100% able, but who is able to do immeasurably more than all I ask or imagine. May I ask You to heal the bodies of friends and family, so they may continue to minister powerfully and serve unhindered in Your Name. Every time I experience your "immeasurably more," may I give you honor, praise, and glory forever and ever! May I proclaim You loudly. In His Name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment